Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Crayon Canvas


So remember this craft?
It is flying all over Pinterest and the web and I HAD to try it.
Here is what I used:
  • 18x 24 canvas ($7)
  • Box of 120 Crayola Crayons ($5)
  • Glue Gun
  • Blow Dryer

Here's how I did it:
1. Draw a straight line (lightly) across the top of the canvas
2. Figure out how many crayons you need to go across the top of the canvas
3. Arrange your crayons in whatever order you want
4. Use a hot clue gun to attach the crayons, I used a dot toward the top of the crayon and the middle. 
5. Now the fun.... Use your blow dryer on its hottest setting and on high to begin to melt the crayons
BUT here is my best advice: point it straight down or else wax will fly everywhere! 
Also, it is best to switch to low once the melting gets going, you have more control. 
6. Once it looks how you like it, admire your new artwork for only $12!

siggy Smaller
Related Posts with Thumbnails